EnglishFrenchGermanSpainItalian DutchRussianPortugueseJapaneseKorean

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, July 2, 2010

Advanced Forum

Originally created for my Coulee Region forums, Advanced Forum builds on and enhances Drupal's core forum module. When used in combination with other Drupal contributed modules, many of which are automatically used by Advanced Forum, you can achieve much of what stand alone software provides. Because it uses the core forum module, it uses the node and comment system built into Drupal and is completely integrated, not a bridge.Features (for 1.x)

* Comes with fully customizable styles to make your forum look like more traditional forums.
* Integrates the display of many forum related contrib modules.
* Adds ability to mark all topics or topics in a forum as read.
* Adds views column to topic list
* Adds extra information and shortcuts such as pagers on topics, link to last post in the forum, jumps within topics, and more.
* A complete list of features can be found in the handbook.

Dependencies (for 1.x)

* Requires: Forum, Taxonomy, Comments, Author Pane 1.x, PHPTemplate based theme
* Recommended: Statistics (for views counter) and Flatcomments (to avoid issues due to the underlying threads when forums are visually set flat.)
* Others: For a complete forum package, see this list of other contrib modules.

Dependencies (for 2.x)

Forum, Taxonomy, Comments, Author Pane 2.x, Views 2.x, Chaos Tools, PHPTemplate based theme
Versions

If you are interested in helping or just want to know the overall status, see the Advanced Forum road map

* D5 1.x is no longer supported. Unless a security issue is found, I'm not touching it. If you use it, I suggest the dev as it fixes a couple of small bugs that didn't make it into the official release.
* D6 1.x is complete and getting bug fixes and minor changes only. I no longer use this version on any site and so it is difficult for me to support it. scoobie has stepped up to take care of it since he is using it on a site and I will help where I can.
* D6 2.x is under active development. I am using it on Coulee Region Online and it works well for me but I have a small, risk tolerant site. If you choose to use it in production, make sure you test it and every upgrade thoroughly on a dev site first. Because it is alpha, be prepared for potentially large changes before 2.0.
* D7 There will likely be some delay after D7 is released before AF is ported. Since I will be porting the 2.x branch to D7, I need to have the 2.x branch at least close to finished first so I'm not trying to finish two branches at once. If you want to see a D7 AF, help me finish 2.x in D6. :)

Demonstration

The demonstration site is currently down because I don't have time to properly care for it. You can view an example implementation on my Coulee Region forums but please don't make an account there unless you actually plan to participate in our community.

source: http://drupal.org/project/advanced_forum

Masukkan Code ini K1-EY8895-E
untuk berbelanja di KutuKutuBuku.com